ASUS already confirmed that it will launch its flagship Zenfone 6 after it was announced at an event in Spain last month. Now Flipkart has confirmed that the phone will launch in India on June 19th, but as 6Z, after a recent high court order not to use ‘Zen’ or ‘ZenFone’ due to trademark issue. ASUS India website still shows ‘Zenfone 6’ but this should change soon.
To remind you, the phone packs a 6.43-inch Full HD+ NanoEdge display, Snapdragon 855 with up to 8GB of RAM, Android 9.0 (Pie) with ZenUI 6, Flip camera with 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 sensor along with a 13-megapixel 125-degree ultra-wide lens and a 5,000mAh battery with QuickCharge 4.0.
ASUS 6Z (Zenfone 6) specifications
- 6.46-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ NanoEdge IPS LCD 19.5:9 aspect ratio screen with 600 nits brightness, HDR10, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ZenUI 6
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 48MP flip camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.79 aperture, 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, Laser AF, EIS, 13MP secondary camera with 125-degree ultra-wide lens, f/2.4 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 159.1 x 75.4 x 9.2 mm; Weight: 190g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio,5-magnet stereo speaker, Dual NXP TFA9874 smartamp, dual microphones
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with QuickCharge 4.0 fast charging
We should know the price in India when the phone is launched later this month.