ZTE’s Nubia brand has launched Red Magic 3, the company’s latest gaming smartphone in India, as it had promised. It has a 6.65-inch FHD+ HDR AMOLED display with 90hz refresh rate, HDR support, is powered by Snapdragon 855 with up to 12GB of RAM, and the company claims that it is the world’s first smartphone with an active cooling system that dramatically improving thermal performance.
“While other gaming phones rely on passive cooling, the Red Magic 3 pairs state-of-the-art liquid cooling technology with an internal turbo fan, increasing effective heat transfer by 500%. This groundbreaking thermal design improves comfort and boosts performance for a smoother, more comfortable gaming experience,” said the company.
An additional hardware switch toggles “Red Magic Game Space 2.0,” a gaming-focused dashboard. You can organize and quick-launch games, fine-tune performance settings and fan speeds, monitor temperature and usage stats in real time, block notifications for uninterrupted gaming, record in-game videos, and more.
Touch-sensitive shoulder triggers provide additional hardware buttons without the need for a gamepad accessory. You can configure and custom-map these buttons to suit their game of choice, and can also customize RGB lighting with several effects and over 16.8 million colors with Red Magic’s light effects editor.
The phone packs a 48-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor offering 12MP output and a 16-megapixel front-facing camera. At the launch the company said the that the phone is capable of recording videos in 8k resolution. It has dual front-facing stereo speakers, DTS:X, and 3D sound technologies that creates a cinematic soundscape, with or without headphones. It packs a 5,000mAh battery with 27W quick charging, providing an hour of gameplay with a 10-minute charge.
Nubia Red Magic 3 specifications
- 6.65-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, 430 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Redmagic OS 2.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, Dual LED flash, 8k video recording
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo front-facing speakers, DTS:X
- Dimensions: 171.7× 78.5x 9.65mm; Weight: 215g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 27W fast charging
The Nubia Red Magic 3 is priced at Rs. 35,999 for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage Black and Flame Red versions and the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage Camouflage version is priced at Rs. 46,999. It will be available from Flipkart starting from June 27th with no cost EMI offer and Complete Mobile Protection. The Game Controller, Earphones and Charging Doc are expected to be priced at Rs. 1999, Rs. 2999 and Rs. 2499 approximately.
Commenting on the launch, Pan Forrest, Vice President, E-Commerce business, nubia India, said:
We are very excited about launching Red Magic 3. We believe that it will truly revolutionalize the Indian gaming experience, and we can’t wait to see that happen. The Red Magic 3 promises disruptive customer experience with some very impressive core features, and is, in many ways, the perfect fit for gamers all across.