ZTE’s Nubia brand just introduced Nubia Red Magic 3, the company’s latest gaming smartphone at an event in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.65-inch FHD+ HDR AMOLED display with 90hz refresh rate, HDR support, is powered by Snapdragon 855 with up to 12GB of RAM, and the company claims that it is the world’s first smartphone with an active cooling system that dramatically improving thermal performance.
“While other gaming phones rely on passive cooling, the Red Magic 3 pairs state-of-the-art liquid cooling technology with an internal turbo fan, increasing effective heat transfer by 500%. This groundbreaking thermal design improves comfort and boosts performance for a smoother, more comfortable gaming experience,” said the company.
An additional hardware switch toggles “Red Magic Game Space 2.0,” a gaming-focused dashboard. You can organize and quick-launch games, fine-tune performance settings and fan speeds, monitor temperature and usage stats in real time, block notifications for uninterrupted gaming, record in-game videos, and more.
Touch-sensitive shoulder triggers provide additional hardware buttons without the need for a gamepad accessory. You can configure and custom-map these buttons to suit their game of choice, and can also customize RGB lighting with several effects and over 16.8 million colors with Red Magic’s light effects editor.
The phone packs a 48-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor offering 12MP output and a 16-megapixel front-facing camera. It has dual front-facing stereo speakers, DTS:X, and 3D sound technologies that creates a cinematic soundscape, with or without headphones. It packs a 5,000mAh battery with 27W quick charging, providing an hour of gameplay with a 10-minute charge.
Nubia Red Magic 3 specifications
- 6.65-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, 430 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with Redmagic OS 2.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, Dual LED flash
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo front-facing speakers, DTS:X
- Dimensions: 171.7× 78.5x 9.65mm; Weight: 215g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 27W fast charging
The Nubia Red Magic 3 comes in Black, Flame Red, Camouflage and Red with Blue Gradient colors, is priced at 2899 yuan (US$ 430 / Rs. 30,065 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 3199 yuan (US$ 475 / Rs. 33,175 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 3499 yuan (US$ 519 / Rs. 36,290 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the top-end 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 4299 yuan (US$ 638 / Rs. 44,590 approx.). It will go on sale in China from May 3rd and will roll out globally later in May in USA, Canada, Europe and UK. The company has also confirmed that it will launch in India soon without providing any time frame.