HUAWEI just announced Maimang 8, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in China, which is also the successor of last year’s Maimang 7 . It was introduced as P smart+ 2019 and Enjoy 9S recently, packs a 6.21-inch Full HD+ waterdrop notch display with 19:5:9 aspect ratio, 89% screen-to-body ratio, Kirin 710 SoC, support for GPU Turbo 2.0, Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0 on top, 24-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary 2-megapixel camera for AI portraits and AI scene detection and a 16-megapixel ultra wide-angle lens.
HUAWEI Maimang 8 specifications
- 6.21-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 710 12nm (4 x 2.2GHz Cortex-A73 +4 x 1.7GHz Cortex-A53) with ARM Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 24MP rear camera with LED flash, 480 fps slow motion, secondary 2MP rear camera, 16MP ultra-wide camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 155.2×73.4×7.95mm; Weight: 160g
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS + GLONASS, Micro USB
- 3400mAh (typical) / 3320mAh (minimum) battery
The HUAWEI Maimang 8 comes in Midnight Black and Sapphire Blue colors, is priced at 1899 yuan (US$ 274 / Rs. 19,055 approx.), will be available for order starting today and go on sale from June 12th in China.
It also introduced TC5200 802.11 ac dual-band Gigabit router for 269 yuan (US$ 39 / Rs. 2,699 approx.).