Xiaomi’s Redmi brand just announced the Redmi 7A, the company’s latest budget smartphone and the successor of last year’s Redmi 6A in China, after it got certified last week. It has a 5.45-inch HD+ 18:9 aspect ratio display, is powered by Snapdragon 439, runs Android Pie with MIUI 10, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, PDAF, AI scene detection and a 5-megapixel front camera with support for AI face unlock and beautify. Similar to other Redmi 7 series phones, this also has a splash resistant P2i coating.
It has a polycarbonate body, dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots, and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 10W (5V/2A) charging compared to 5W (5V/1A) charging in the predecessor.
It has a Family Guardian app with SOS Emergency Help option that also limits your kid’s access to certain websites and restrict kid’s use of the phone, location reminder when they enter an area such as school, one-click guard and more. There is has a minimalist mode for elders with large icons, and simplified MIUI features such as magnification, 20% more call volume and more that makes it easy for elders. The phone also has wireless FM Radio.
Xiaomi Redmi 7A specifications
- 5.45-inch (1440 x 720 pixels) 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core (Quad 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.45GHz Cortex A53) Snapdragon 439 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, Wireless FM Radio
- Splash resistant (P2i nano coating)
- Dimensions: 146.30×70.41×9.55mm; Weight: 150g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) built-in battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 7A comes in Black and Blue colors. It is priced at 549 yuan (US$ 79 / Rs. 5,535 approx.) for the 16GB storage version and the 32GB storage version costs 599 yuan (US$ 86 / Rs. 6,040 approx.). It will go on sale in China starting from June 6th.
[Update: The company has announced the price of the Redmi 7A at the K20 launch event]