Along with the Redmi K20 Pro, the company also introduced the Redmi K20, a cheaper version with Snapdragon 730 and 6GB of RAM compared to Snapdragon 855 and up to 8GB of RAM. Other specifications including 6.39-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with 91.9% screen-to-body ratio, Android Pie with MIUI 10 and in-display fingerprint scanner are similar, but this has a 48-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX582 sensor, while the 8-megapixel telephoto lens and a 13-megapixel 124.8° ultra-wide sensor are the same. It also has a 20-megapixel pop-up front camera.
The phone features 3D curved design, and the back has a flame pattern in blue and red, while there is a unique Kevlar gradient texture in black version. It packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
Redmi K20 specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio AMOLED HDR display with 103.8% NTSC Color Gamut, 600nit (HBM) / 430nit (Typ) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 730 Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.75 aperture, 1/2″ Sony IMX582 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, 6P lens, 8MP 1/4″ telephoto lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture for 2x loss-less zoom, 13MP 1/3″ 124.8° ultra-wide sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, 0.8μm pixel size
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Qualcomm WCD9375 Hi-Fi audio chip
- Dimensions: 156.7x 74.3×8.8; Weight: 191g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (Typical) / 3900mAh (Minimum) battery with 18W fast charging
The Redmi K20 comes in Carbon Black, Flame Red and Glacier Blue colors, is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 289 / Rs. 20,160 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 2099 yuan(US$ 203 / Rs. 21,165 approx.). It is now available for order and goes on sale in China starting from June 6th.