We already know that the Redmi Y3, selfie-focused smartphone with a 32-megapixel front will launch in India on April 24th. Now the company has posted that it has shipped 7 million Y series smartphones since the launch, and also said that it has more surprises lined up at the launch hinting at number 7, so the company could launch the Redmi 7 alongside.
7 Mn+ Y series phones shipped since launch.
They ask Y do we call our fans the best. We say this is Y. And to celebrate this, we have a few surprises lined up for you.
You’ll know exactly in 7 days. But what’s with 7?
— Redmi India (@RedmiIndia) April 18, 2019
Xiaomi Redmi 7 specifications
- 6.26-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 632 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, secondary 2MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Splash resistant (P2i nano coating)
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 158.73×75.58×8.47mm; Weight: 180g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery
It was introduced in China last month starting at 699 yuan (US$ 104 / Rs. 7,150 approx.) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version, but it will likely launch the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version is India, which could start at Rs. 7999, same as the predecessor.