Along with the Redmi Note 7 Pro, Xiaomi also introduced the Redmi 7 smartphone in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.26-inch HD+ waterdrop notch display, is powered by Snapdragon 632 SoC with up to 4GB of RAM, runs Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10, features a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash along with a secondary 2-megapixel camera for capturing depth information in portrait shots. It also has an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
The phone comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection on the front, features gradient finish on the back, features P2i nano coating making it splash proof, comes with dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots and packs a 4000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 7 specifications
- 6.26-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 632 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, secondary 2MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Splash resistant (P2i nano coating)
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 158.73×75.58×8.47mm; Weight: 180g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 7 comes in Blue, Red and Black colors, is priced at 699 yuan (US$ 104 / Rs. 7,150 approx.) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version, 799 yuan (US$ 119 / Rs. 8,170 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs 999 yuan (US$ 148 / Rs. 10,215 approx.). It will go on sale in China from March 26th.