HUAWEI’s HONOR brand has introduced HONOR 8A Pro, the company’s latest budget smartphone in Russia. It was introduced in China as Honor Play 8A earlier this year, has a 6-inch HD+ waterdrop notch display with 87% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by MediaTek Helio P35 12nm SoC with 3GB of RAM, runs Android 9.0 (Oreo), and has a 13-megapixel rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, and an 8-megapixel front camera.
It has a fingerprint sensor, unlike the Chinese model, comes with face unlock that can scan 1024 facial points, features dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots and packs a 3000mAh battery.
Honor Play 8A specifications
- 6-inch (1560 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.3GHz Octa-Core (ARM Cortex A53) MediaTek Helio P35 12nm Processor with 680 MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.28×73.5×8.0mm; Weight: 150g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3020mAh battery
The Honor Play 8A comes in Black and Blue colors, is priced at 13,990 rubles (US$ 217 / Rs. 15,055 approx.) and is already on sale in Russia.