HMD Global just announced Nokia X71, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in Taiwan, as it had promised. It has a 6.39-inch Full HD+ PureDisplay with 16-megapixel in-screen camera and 93% screen-to-body ratio. It is powered by Snapdragon 660 with 6GB of RAM, runs Android 9.0 (Pie) and has triple rear cameras that includes a 48-megapixel primary camera with ZEISS Optics, AI scene recognition, 5-megapixel camera for capturing depth information in portrait shots and an 8-megapixel 120-degree ultra-wide lens.
Even though it has an 48-megapixel sensor, it offers 12-megapixel output by default using 4-in-1 pixel binning, but it comes with 48MP shooting option. It has a glass back, metal frame, rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 3500mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
Nokia X71 specifications
- 6.39-inch (2316 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.3:9 2.5D curved glass display, 1:1400 contrast ratio, 500 nits brightness, 96% NTSC Color gamut
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 0.8µm pixel size, 6P lens, ZEISS optics, 8MP 120° ultra-wide lens, 5MP camera with f/2.4 aperture, Dual LED flash
- 16MP front-facing camera with ZEISS optics
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.19×76.45×7.98mm; Weight: 180g
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, Nokia OZO Audio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C (USB 2.0)
- 3500mAh battery with 18W fast charging
The Nokia X71 comes in Black color, is priced at NT$ 11,990 (US$ 388 / Rs. 26,875 approx.) and will go on sale in Taiwan starting from April 10th. Based on earlier rumors, it could be launched in other markets as Nokia 6.2.
[Update – April 8: It is now available in China at 2199 yuan (US$ 327 / Rs. 22,749 approx.) for the 64GB storage version and the 128GB storage version costs 2699 yuan (US$ 401 / Rs. 27,920 approx.), which is cheaper compared to Taiwan.]