Update : May 8, 2019 — After a delay, LG has confirmed that it will roll out the LG V50 ThinQ 5G smartphone from May 10th in Korea. Pricing remains the same — 1,199,000 won (US$ 1,016 / Rs. 71,019 approx.) for the phone and the Dual-Screen accessory costs 2,19,000 won (US$ 185 / Rs. 12,970 approx.), which is free those who buys the phone till June-end. It also offers one-year free replacement service for customers who purchase the phone before May 13.
Update: April 16, 2019 — LG today announced that it has decided to postpone the launch of the LG V50 ThinQ scheduled for launch on April 19th in Korea. The company said that this move is to optimize the Snapdragon 855 and X50 5G Modem’s functions and network interoperability with the existing LTE network. This move is to avoid bad network experience for customers purchasing the LG V50 ThinQ.
LG said that it has been working closely with Qualcomm and domestic mobile operators to improve its 5G service and smartphone interoperability, including Software, Hardware and network. It will confirm the new release date later.
Earlier: LG introduced its flagship V50 ThinQ 5G at the MWC in February. Now the company has announced that it will go on sale in Korea starting from April 19th priced at 1,199,000 won (US$ 1055 / Rs. 73,105 approx.). The Dual-Screen accessory worth 2,19,000 won (US$ 192 / Rs. 13,350 approx.) will be available for free with the phone for purchases till May.
To remind you, the phone is powered by Snapdragon 855 with Snapdragon X50 5G Modem and has a new Vapor Chamber heat-dissipation system that efficiently keeps the internal temperatures low. It has a 6.4-inch QHD+ OLED screen, has triple rear cameras with 16MP 107-degree super wide-angle, 12MP standard and 12MP telephoto with 2x optical zoom. It has an 8-megapixel front camera and replaces the 3D ToF sensor on the G8 with a 5-megapixel wide-angle lens.
The Dual Screen accessory add a second 6.2-inch OLED (2160 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ display for better gaming and multitasking experience. It connects via Pogo Pin so it uses the phone’s power to run. In select games, the Dual Screen can be used as a dedicated controller. It can be tilted to 104 and 180 degrees.
LG V50 ThinQ specifications
- 6.4-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) 19.5:9 FullVision OLED Display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU with Snapdragon X50 5G Modem
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.5 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 78° lens, 16MP super wide camera with f/1.9 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 107° lens, 12MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 45° lens, LED flash
- 8MP front camera, f/1.8 aperture, 1.22μm pixel size, 80° lens, 5MP secondary camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 90˚ lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC, DTS: X 3D Surround Sound, Boombox Speaker with stereo output
- Dimensions:159.2 x 76.1 x 8.3mm; Weight: 183g
- 5G, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- 4,000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0