OPPO has silently introduced AX5s smartphone in Taiwan, and it is expected to be introduced as A5s in other markets. This has similar specifications as the A5 that was introduced last year, including a 6.2-inch HD+ waterdrop notch screen, 13-megapixel rear camera along with a 2-megapixel secondary camera, 8-megapixel front camera and a 4230mAh battery, but this is powered by MediaTek Helio P35 SoC instead of Snapdragon 450.
It comes with 3GB RAM with 64GB storage, and still runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ColorOS 5.2 on top. Dimensions are also slightly different since this is a bit smaller, and this comes with a plain back instead of diamond patterns on the A5.
OPPO AX5s / A5s specifications
- 6.2-inch (1520 x 720 pixels) 19:9 FullView 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.3GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P35 (MT6765) 12nm Processor with IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- ColorOS 5.2 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 2MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 155.9×75.4×8.2mm; Weight: 170g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB OTG
- 4230mAh (typical) / 4100mAh (minimum) built-in battery
The OPPO AX5s comes in Black and Red colors. No details about the pricing or availability yet.