Xiaomi has introduced Mi Router 4A in China. It is the upgraded version of Mi Router 3C that was introduced couple of years back. It comes with both the 2.4GHz band(300Mbps) and 5GHz band(867Mbps) and feature four omni directional antennas. It also comes in Gigabit Edition has 1GBps LAN speeds, thanks to faster processor, lets you connect up to 128 devices simultaneously with more RAM and offers better heat dissipation with alumunium base with several holes. Both these have IPV6 support that will be available via update in June.
Highlights of Xiaomi Mi Router 4A / 4A Gigabit Edition
- 300Mbps 802.11n / 867Mbps 802.11 ac Wi-Fi 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Protocol: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IEEE 802.3/3u; Gigabit – IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IEEE 802.3/3u/3ab
- MediaTek MT7628DA / 880MHz MT7621A MIPS Dual Core (Gigabit Edition) processor
- 64MB DDR3 / 128MB DDR3 (Gigabit Edition) RAM, 16MB ROM
- 4 external omni directional antennas (2.4GHz maximum gain 5dBi x 2, 5GHz maximum gain 6dBi x 2)
- Up to 64 / 128 (Gigabit Edition) connected devices
- Real time monitoring, parental controls with Mi WiFi app on Android and iOS
- Dimensions: 188 × 100.5 × 175mm; Dimensions (Gigabit Edition): 201x122x174mm
- 2x LAN ports 10/100Mbps/ 1000Mbps in Gigabit Edition (Auto MDI/MDIX), 1x RJ45 WAN port 10/100Mbps/ 1000Mbps in Gigabit Edition (Auto MDI/MDIX), 1x Power port
- 2 x LED indicators
The Xiaomi Mi Router 4A comes in White color, and is priced at 119 yuan (US$ 17.7 / Rs. 1,235 approx.) and the Gigabit Edition is priced at 169 yuan (US$ 25 / Rs. 1,750 approx.). It will go on sale in China starting from March 19th.