After several leaks, Samsung has officially announced the Galaxy A50 (SM-A505), the company’s latest A series smartphone for this year. It is also the first mid-range smartphone from Samsung to feature an in-display fingerprint scanner. It has a 6.4-inch Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display, is powered by the latest Exynos 7 Series 9610 10nm processor with 6GB of RAM and runs Android Pie.
It has a 25-megapixel camera with f/1.7 aperture, 5-megapixel Depth sensor for Live Focus and an 8-megapixel Ultra Wide lens. It packs a 4000mAh battery with support for fast charging. It has Samsung Pay, Bixby Vision, Bixby Voice, Bixby Home and Bixby Reminder.
Samsung Galaxy A50 specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core (Quad 2.3GHz + Quad 1.7GHz) Exynos 9610 10nm processor with Mali-G72 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage / 6GB RAM with 128GB Storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM
- 25MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 25MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Dimension:158.5 x 74.7 x 7.7mm
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy A50 comes in Black, White, Blue and Coral colors and will go on sale in mid-March. We should know the price when it goes on sale in India in a few days.