Huawei introduced EMUI 9.0 based on Android 9.0 (Pie) at the IFA 2018 last year. This week its online-brand Honor has started rolling out the EMUI 9.0 update for the Honor 10, Honor Play and Honor View 10 smartphone in India, as it had promised. Honor already said that the update will improve the user experience in security, AI-driven smart life features, device management and usability.
The new EMUI 9.0 update brings gestures, GPU Turbo 2.0, Translation, AI Shopping, HiVision visual search, Password Vault, Wireless Sharing (Projecting), Digital Balance dashboard, and more to Honor smartphones. “Honor smartphones with EMUI 9.0 update will react to smoother operations backed by fast App startup and thus increasing the system operations by 12.9%, said the company.
- GPU Turbo 2.0 is designed to optimize intensive workloads and give an on-demand performance boost to the devices while reducing power consumption.
- Password Vault feature will help users store their encrypted password with face or fingerprint for various services.
- Uninterrupted Gaming Mode will help the needs of mobile gamers.
- Digital Balance dashboard allows users to track device usage metrics and let them set the usage quota for each app.
- Using onboard AI capabilities, EMUI 9.0 brings HiVision that enables the camera app to recognize major landmarks, paintings, and structures surrounding the environment and provide users with the relevant information using a layer of augmented reality.
- AI Shopping objects can be recognized and directly shopped from Amazon.in just from camera view finder, or through any image on phone.
- Wireless Projecting provides a desktop-like experience when the device is wirelessly connected to a supported TV or monitor. Users can project presentations, photos, videos or gaming to the larger screen directly from the device.
- Wireless printing via Huawei Share.
Since the update has just started rolling out to these phones in batches, it might take sometime to reach everyone.