Xiaomi just announced Mi Play, the company’s latest smartphone in the new Play series in China, as it had promised. It has a 5.84-inch FHD+ display with a water-drop notch, is powered by the yet-to-be announced MediaTek Helio P35 12nm SoC with CPU/GPU Turbo, 4GB of RAM, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 10, has a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 2-megapixel secondary camera to capture depth information in portait shots, AI scene detection and a 8-megapixel front camera with AI Beautify and AI portrait mode.
It has a glossy glass-like finish on the back with gradiant finish in some colors, comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots and packs a 3000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Mi Play specifications
- 5.84-inch (2280×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display, 1500:1 contrast ratio with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.3GHz Octa-Core (ARM Cortex A53) MediaTek Helio P35 12nm Processor with 680 MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1.25μm pixel size, PDAF, EIS, 2MP secondary camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 147.76×71.89×7.8mm; Weight: 150g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac(2.4 /5GHz) Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh (typical) / 2900mAh (minimum) battery
The Xiaomi Mi Play comes in Black, Dream Blue and Twilight Gold colors, is priced at 1099 yuan (US$ 159 / Rs. 11,155 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and is available for order in China from today and goes on sale from tomorrow. The company is also bundling 10GB data per month for 12 months with bundled SIM card. If you don’t know Xiaomi obtained an MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) commercial license from the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology in July this year, after participating in a nationwide MVNO trial program for three years.