Lenovo has announced S5 Pro, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.18-inch Full HD+ display with 18.7:9 aspect ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 636 with 6GB of RAM, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ZUI 5.0, has a 20-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary 12-megapixel camera with AI portraits and 2x loss-less zoom.
There is a 20-megapixel front camera with Sony IMX476 sensor, 4-in-1 pixel binning tech combining the information from four pixels to create one large 2.0µm, as well as a 8-megapixel secondary camera for AI portraits, 3D lighting and also features Infrared face unlock. It has a unibody metal design, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and packs a 3500mAh battery with fast charging.
Lenovo S5 Pro specifications
- 6.2-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with 18.7:9 aspect ratio, 113% sRGB, 1500:1 contrast ratio
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ZUI 5.0
- 20MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 12MP secondary rear camera with f/2.6 aperture, 2x optical zoom
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX476 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 8MP secondary camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.5×75.45×7.7mm; Weight: 170g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with fast charging
The Lenovo S5 Pro comes in Black, Blue and Gold colors, starts at 1298 yuan (US$ 187 / Rs. 13,755 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and will go on sale in China from October 23rd.