Lenovo announced its mid-range Z5 Pro with a slider design and Snapdragon 710 SoC in China. Today the company has announced the Z5 Pro GT, top-end version of the phone with the latest Snapdragon 855 SoC and up to 12GB of RAM, making the phone first in the world to feature both.It also comes with Carbon Back with carbon fiber finish under the glass with Red and Black accents on the sides similar to a sports car. The company also said that the 12GB RAM version will let you open 50 apps at the same time.
Other specifications are similar including a 6.39-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio display with 2.07mm ultra narrow bezels and 95.06% screen-to-body ratio, slider design that hides the 16-megapixel front camera, earpiece and 8-megapixel IR face unlock and an in-display fingerprint sensor. It has 16MP + 24MP dual rear cameras with Sony sensors that combines four pixels into one pixel in low light conditions and a 3350mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Lenovo Z5 Pro GT specifications
- 6.39-inch ( 1080 × 2340 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x / 8GB RAM with 128GB internal memory, 8GB RAM with 256GB internal memory, 12GB RAM with 512GB internal memory
- Dual SIM
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ZUI 10, upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 16MP rear camera with Sony IMX519 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, Dual-tone LED flash, secondary 24MP camera with Sony IMX576 sensor, f/1.8 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, secondary 8MP IR Camera for Face unlock
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 155.12×73.04×9.3mm ; Weight: 210g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 3350mAh battery with fast charging
The Lenovo Z5 Pro GT 6GB RAM with 128GB storage costs 2698 yuan (US$ 391 / Rs. 27,780 approx.), 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 2998 yuan (US$ 434 / Rs. 30,865 approx.), 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 3398 yuan (US$ 492 / Rs. 34,985 approx.) and the top-end 12GB RAM with 512GB storage version costs 4398 yuan (US$ 635 / Rs. 45,280 approx.). It will be available for order in China from January 15th and will go on sale from January 24th.
Even though the phone doesn’t have 5G support, Lenovo VP already confirmed that it will be the first to launch a 5G phone, so we can expect a 5G version of this next year.