ASUS just launched Zenfone Max Pro M2, successor of Max Pro M1 in India, as it had promised. The Max Pro M2 has a 6.26-inch FHD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, is powered by Snapdragon 660 with 4GB of RAM, runs stock Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie) in January, has a 12-megapixel rear camera along with a 5-megapixel secondary camera and a 13-megapixel front camera, both with LED flash. It also has support for fast unlock. The company said that it will get AI features and EIS for front camera with an update soon.
It has a 3D glass-like rear panel with a wave design, rear mounted fingerprint sensor, dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots, Dual 4G VoLTE support and a 5000mAh battery, but it still has micro USB port without fast charging.
ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2 (ZB31KL) specifications
- 6.26-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 display with 94% NTSC Color Gamut, 450 cd/m2 brightness, 1500: 1 contast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4X RAM with 32GB Storage, 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory upto 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.25μm pixel size, PDAF, EIS, Pro Mode, secondary 5MP camera
- 13MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, NXP Smart Amp, 5-magnet speaker
- Dimensions: 157.9×75.5×8.5mm; Weight: 175g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh battery
The ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2 comes in Blue and Titanium colors, is priced at Rs. 12,999 for the base 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 14,999 and the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 16,999. It will be available exclusively from Flipkart from December 18th.
Check out our unboxing and the first impressions .