Meizu is all set to launch its flagship Meizu 16 smartphone in India on December 5th, based on its teaser on its social channels. The Meizu 16 was introduced back in August and packs a 6-inch Full HD+ 18:9 aspect ratio display from Samsung with 91.18% screen-to-body ratio, thanks to 1.43mm side bezels and 5.74mm chin, is powered by Snapdragon 845 with up to 8GB of RAM, has custom copper cooling tube and feature an in-display fingerprint sensor that has 99.12% high recognition rate.
Wait for the superior experience to unfold, as it’s truly worth the wait !
Just 7 days to go #MEIZU #India #Smartphones #Superior @Meizu_India @Technologyfever #News #Android #Android pic.twitter.com/9S2S1tvLXe
— MEIZU India (@Meizu_India) November 28, 2018
— MEIZU India (@Meizu_India) November 29, 2018
It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX380 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture along with a 20-megapixel secondary telephoto lens with Sony IMX350 sensor for portrait shots and 3x loss-less zoom and a 20-megapixel front facing camera with AI beauty recognition and Face unlock. It has a 3D glass back with ceramic texture, and pack a 3010mAh with 24W mCharge flash charge.
Meizu 16 specifications
- 6-inch ( 1080 × 2160 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 10000 : 1 aspect ratio, 430cd/m2 (typical) brightness, 402 PPI
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal memory, 8GB RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal memory
- Dual SIM
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Flyme OS
- 12MP rear camera with wide-angle lens, 1/2.3″ Sony IMX380 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, Four-axis OIS, PDAF, Laser auto-focus, secondary 20MP telephoto lens, Sony IMX350 sensor, f/2.6 aperture, 6-LED ring LED flash
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, AI face unlock
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, dual speakers
- Dimensions: 150.5×73.2×7.3mm ; Weight: 152g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3010mAh (typical) / 2950mAh (minimum) battery with mCharge fast charging
The Meizu 16 was introduced starting at 2698 yuan (US$ 388 / ₹ 27,130 approx.), and there is also Meizu 16X with Snapdragon 710 SoC at a cheaper rate of 2098 yuan (US$ 302 / Rs. 21,095 approx.). It is not clear if the company is launching both the phones in India next week.