Meizu just announced the 16X, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in China, after it got certified last month. It packs a 6-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with 90.62% screen-body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 710 with 6GB of RAM and runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Flyme OS.
It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX380 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture along with a 20-megapixel secondary telephoto lens with Sony IMX350 sensor for portrait shots and 3x loss-less zoom and a 20-megapixel front facing camera with AI beauty recognition and Face unlock, similar to the Meizu 16. It packs a 3100mAh battery with mCharge flash charging.
Meizu 16X specifications
- 6-inch ( 1080 × 2160 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display with 100000 : 1 contrast ratio, 430cd/m2 (typical) brightness, 402 PPI
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal memory
- Dual SIM
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Flyme OS
- 12MP rear camera with wide-angle lens, 1/2.3″ Sony IMX380 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, Four-axis OIS, PDAF, Laser auto-focus, secondary 20MP telephoto lens, Sony IMX350 sensor, f/2.6 aperture, 6-LED ring LED flash
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, AI face unlock
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, dual speakers
- Dimensions: 151×73.5×7.5mm ; Weight: 154g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3100mAh battery with mCharge fast charging
The Meizu 16X comes in Black, White and Gold colors, is priced at 2098 yuan (US$ 206 / Rs. 22,285 approx.) for the 64GB storage version and the 128GB storage version costs 2398 yuan (US$ 349 / Rs. 25,470 approx.). It is available for order today and goes on sale from September 26 in China.