ASUS has sent out invites for the launch of ROG Phone, the company’s first gaming smartphone in India on November 29th. It was introduced back in June and comes with a 6-inch Full HD+ AMOLED HDR 90Hz, 1ms response time AMOLED display with DCIP3 gamut with Gaming HDR and Mobile HDR supported by dedicate hardware display chip, is powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC that is clocked up to 2.96GHz with 8GB RAM.
It has new GameCool system that improves thermals with a copper heat spreader and 3D vapor chamber that efficiently transfer heat away from the SoC and into the body, says the company.
It has dedicated ultrasonic buttons, two on the left edge and one more on the bottom right edge actuate with only 20 grams of force for both landscape and portrait modes. Each one can be customized to perform different functions, including executing macros that reliably reproduce game-specific gestures. The buttons can also be configured for non-gaming tasks, like instantly launching specific apps and activating functions like one-handed mode. Under the hood, an advanced haptic engine generates nuanced vibrations for more detailed force feedback in games. It is WiGig-certified for 802.11ad 60GHz WiFi with both 2×2 MIMO and WiFi Direct. The side-mounted port also supports Gigabit Ethernet over Type-C, plus HDMI and USB.
It packs a 4,000mAh battery with 30W charging that can charge from 0 to 60% in just 33 minutes and get to 85% in just over an hour. The logo on the back glows in whichever color you choose with static, breathing, and strobing effects, or cycling through the spectrum. You can synchronize RGB illumination across up to five ROG Phones wirelessly to match the rest of your squad. The lighting also syncs with optional accessories that plug into the side-mounted connector.
The TwinView Dock adds a secondary 6-inch FHD+ AMOLED display giving game developers more real estate to show maps, inventory, and other important information. It has enhanced cooling for the best performance, Dual speaker with Qualcomm smart amplifier, SD card slot and packs a 6,000mAh auxiliary battery.
The WiGig Dock uses low-latency 802.11ad 60GHz WiFi to broadcast display signals to a base station that plugs into big-screen TVs. It pairs well with the third-party GameVice controller, which squeezes the ROG Phone between banks of traditional gamepad joysticks and buttons to enable a console-like experience.
Asus ROG Phone (ZS600KL) specifications
- 6-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 90Hz, 1ms response time AMOLED display with 108.6% DCI-P3 color gamut, 550 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, 10,000:1 contrast ratio,Gaming HDR and Mobile HDR
- 2.96GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 512GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ROG Gaming X mode UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with dual pixel sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 1/2.55″ Sony IMX363 sensor, LED flash, 83° field of view, PDAF, 4-axis, 4 stops optical image stabilization, AI Scene Detection, secondary rear camera with 120° wide-angle lens
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 84° field of view
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual front-facing 5-magnet speakers with dual NXP 9874 smart amplifier,Hi-Res audio, DTS Headphone:X 7.1 virtual surround sound for headphone, Triple internal microphones with ASUS Noise Reduction Technology, FM Radio
- Water-resistant body
- Dimensions: 158.83×76.16x 8.65mm; Weight: 200g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ) / 802.11ad 60GHz, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4000mAh battery with 10V 3A fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter
The ASUS ROG Phone comes in Black color and the company might launch some of the accessories in India. It was launched in the US for $899 (Rs. 64,115 approx.), and we should know the price in India when it is launched next Thusrday.