Huawei’s Honor brand just announced the Honor 8C, the company’s latest budget smartphone and the successor of the Honor 7C in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.26-inch HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with a notch, is the first smartphone to be powered by the latest Snapdragon 632 SoC, has up to 4GB of RAM, comes with a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash along with a secondary 2-megapixel camera for capturing depth information in portrait shots and AI scene recognition. It comes with an 8-megapixel camera on the front with AI beautify features.
It has 3D nano-level texture design, combining the gradient color and glare, offering an unique light and shadow circulation effect, features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. It has Dual 4G VoLTE support, dedicated Dual SIM and microSD slots, and packs a 4000mAh battery that promises up to 12.5 hours of online video playback.
Honor 8C specifications
- 6.26-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ display with 19:9 aspect ratio
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 632 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.2
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 2MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture with LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 158.72×75.94×7.98mm; Weight: 167.2g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery
The Honor 8C comes in Aurora Blue, Platinum Gold, Nebula Purple and Midnight Black colors, is priced at 1099 yuan (US$ 158 / Rs. 11,785 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs 1399 yuan (US$ 201 / Rs. 15,000 approx.) . It will be available for order today in China and goes on sale from October 16th.