Huawei’s Honor brand is all set to announce the Honor 8C, a new budget smartphone in the Honor 8 series on October 11th in China. The successor of Honor 7C that was introduced earlier this year now has a notch and a larger 6.26-inch screen. It is said to be powered by Snapdragon 636 SoC with 4GB of RAM. On the back there are 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual rear cameras and there is an 8-megapixel camera on the front, same as the predecessor.
TENAA certification reveals a fingerprint sensor on the back and a 4000mAh battery.
Honor 8C rumored specifications
- 6.26-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ display with 19:9 aspect ratio
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.1
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, 2MP secondary rear camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 158.72×75.94×7.98mm; Weight: 167.2g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery
The Honor 8C is expected to come in Blue, Black, Purple, Gold colors. We should know the price when the phone goes official next month.