LG has scheduled an event on October 3rd where it will introduce its next flagship V40 ThinQ smartphone, few months after the introduction of the V35 ThinQ. The main highlight of the smartphone will be triple rear cameras with Telephoto lens, wide-angle lens, 2x zoom and AI features. It is also said to feature dual front cameras and run Android 9.0 (Pie) out of the box.
The invite mentions ‘Take 5″ hinting at five cameras for the smartphone. The renders show a notch, which is first time on LG’s ‘V series’ smartphones.
LG V40 ThinQ rumored specifications
- 6.4-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) 19.5:9 FullVision OLED Display with 109% DCI-P3 color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (V40+ ThinQ) storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with LG UX
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.5 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 16MP camera with f/1.9 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 12MP camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, Dual LED flash
- 8MP front camera, secondary 5MP camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC, DTS: X 3D Surround Sound, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 158.7 x 75.8 x 7.79mm; Weight: 169g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge, Wireless charging
The event starts at 5PM on October 3rd (2:30 AM IST on October 4th) in NYC and on October 4th at 10AM in Korea. We should know the price when it goes official next month.