Xiaomi has launched the Redmi 6 Pro the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the Redmi series, as it had promised. It packs a 5.84-inch FHD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with a notch, is powered by Snapdragon 625 with up to 4GB of RAM, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9 on top, has a 12-megapixel rear camera with flash along with a secondary 5-megapixel camera for AI portraits and AI scene detection. There is also a 5-megapixel front camera with AI portrait, AI Face unlock and portrait features.
It has a aluminum back, fingerprint sensor on the back, dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots and packs a 4000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro specifications
- 5.84-inch (2280×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display with 500 nits brightness, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 84% NTSC Color Gamut
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9, upgradable to MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, EIS, secondary 5MP camera with Samsung S5K5E8 sensor, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 149.33×71.68×8.75mm; Weight: 178g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro comes in Red, Blue, Gold and Black colors, is priced at Rs. 10999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version, and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 12999. It comes bundled with a clear case, and will be available exclusively from Amazon.in as well as Mi.com starting from September 11th. HDFC Bank Credit/Debit cards and EMI transactions get Rs. 500 off for the first sale.