Sony Mobile just announced the Xperia XZ3, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at the IFA, as expected. It has a 6-inch QHD+ P-OLED 18:9 aspect ratio display, is powered by an Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform and runs Android 9.0 (Pie). It has a new Dual Motion Eye camera with 19-megapixel 1/ 2.3″ Exmor RS memory stacked sensor, 960 fps super slow motion videos (FHD/HD), Predictive Capture, Anti-distortion shutter, Triple image sensing technology and 5-axis image stabilization for shake-free videos.
It has Dynamic Vibration System that analyses audio data and lets you feel the action with your hand– a truly unique entertainment experience. The new Side sense feature uses AI to provide easy and convenient access to your favourite apps. You can double-tap anywhere on either side of your XZ3, and it cleverly predicts and displays the apps you want to use next placing them within easy reach, without having to scroll up or down for them.
It features a 13-megapixel front-facing camera, has IP65/68 ratings for dust and water resistance, 3mm aluminium metal frame, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and the back and packs a 3300 mAh battery with support for fast charging and also has Qi wireless charging.
Sony Xperia XZ3 specifications
- 6-inch (1440 x 2880 pixels) OLED HDR Display with 18:9 aspect ratio, TRILUMINOS Display for mobile, X-Reality for mobile, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 400GB via microSD card
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Single / Dual SIM
- 19MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 aperture G Lens, 1.22μm pixel size, Predictive capture, 5-axis stabilization, 4K video recording, 960fps slow-motion video
- 13MP front-facing camera with 1/ 3,06” Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle, f/2.0 aperture
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speaker with S-Force Front Surround, DSEE HX, LDAC
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 158 x 73 x 9.9 mm; Weight: 193g
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 3300mAh Battery with Qnovo Adaptive Charging technology, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Qi Wireless charging
The Sony Xperia XZ3 comes in Black, Silver White, Forest Green and Bordeaux Red colors and will be available globally in select markets from September at £699 ($900 / Rs. 63,742 approx.).