DJI has introduced new Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom drones in the Mavic 2 series, after rumors. The Mavic 2 Pro is the world’s first drone with an integrated Hasselblad camera, and the Mavic 2 Zoom is the world’s first foldable consumer drone with optical zoom capability. The Mavic 2 has new gimbal-stabilized cameras and advanced intelligent features like Hyperlapse and ActiveTrack.
The Mavic 2 Pro uses a new 20-megapixel camera with 1-inch CMOS sensor with a 10-bit Dlog-M color profile that is co-engineered in partnership with Hasselblad making use of unique Hasselblad Natural Color Solution (HNCS) technology for a superior light and color performance and provide maximum flexibility for photo and video editing. It has an adjustable aperture from f/2.8-f/11 and 4K 10-bit HDR support.
The Mavic 2 Zoom as a 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor with two-times optical zoom (24-48mm) to simulate a 96mm telephoto lens that captures lossless video in full HD resolution. Hybrid auto-focus combines phase and contrast detection for higher focus accuracy with an increased focus speed of up to 40% faster. Optical zoom automatically captures and stitches nine photos together for a highly detailed 48-megapixel image.
Dolly Zoom QuickShot automatically zooms in as the drone flies away from its subject, keeping the subject the same size while the full background of the scene is revealed.
DJI Mavic 2 Pro / Mavic 2 Zoom features and specifications
- Mavic 2 Pro – 20MP, 1″ CMOS sensor, about 77° 28 mm, f/2.8–f/11 aperture, Dlog-M (10bit), support HDR video (HLG 10bit), Dlog-M (10bit)
- Mavic 2 Zoom- 12MP, 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor, about 83° 24-48 mm, f/2.8 (24 mm)–f/3.8 (48 mm) aperture with optical zoom, Hybrid auto-focus, Dolly Zoom QuickShot
- 4K video at 30fps, 720p at 120fps, H.265 codec
- 1080P/720P Live feed
- 8 GB onboard storage, Supports up to 128GB UHS-I Grade 3 Micro SD
- Max Speed: 44 mph (72 km/h) in Sport Mode
- 3-axis mechanical gimbal
- FlightAutonomy, ActiveTrack 2.0 for autonomous tracking and obstacle sensing with the main camera and the front dual vision cameras
- Dimensions: 214×91×84 mm (when folded); Weight: 907g (Mavic 2 Pro) 905g (Mavic 2 Zoom)
- 3830mAh battery with up to 31 minutes (at a consistent 25 kph) of flight
The Mavic 2 Pro with drone, battery, remote controller, charger, and four pairs of propellers cost $1,449 (Rs. 1,01,755 approx.) and the Mavic 2 Zoom with all these cost $1,249 (Rs. 87,710 approx.) . Fly More Kit, including two additional batteries, a multi-battery charging hub, a car charger, a battery to power bank adapter, two pairs of propellers and a carrying bag cost $319. These are already available in the US.