OPPO has introduced F9, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the ‘F series’ in Vietnam and Philippines, as it had promised. It has a 6.3-inch Full HD+ display with Waterdrop Screen with screen-to-body ratio up to 90.8% for a more immersive experience, is powered by Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P60 12nm processor with up to 6GB RAM, ColorOS 5.2 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo), 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.85 aperture, secondary 2MP camera and a 25MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, AI, Sony IMX576 sensor.
It has dedicated dual SIM slots, Fingerprint sensor on the back and a 3500mAh battery with VOOC Flash charge fast charging. It has a gradient color design, again a first in the F series. This uses advanced color processes. To achieve a unified design, F9 for the first time has used a gradient design on the side frame, making the sides and the back a naturally connected whole.
OPPO F9 specifications
- 6.3-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio display
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio P60 12nm processor (Quad 2GHz Cortex A73 + Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs) with ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- ColorOS 5.2 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.85 aperture, secondary 2MP camera
- 25MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, AI, Sony IMX576 sensor
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 156.7x74x7.9mm; Weight: 169g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3500mAh (typical) / 3415mAh (minimum) battery with VOOC Flash charge
The OPPO F9 comes in Sunrise Red, Twilight Blue and Starry Purple color, is priced at 76,90,000 Vietnamese Dong (US$ 331 / ₹ 23,290 approx.) for the 4GB RAM version. It will launch as F9 Pro in India on August 21st, and we should know the price next week.