After a leak, Motorola has officially announced the Moto P30 its latest mid-range smartphone in the new ‘P series’ in China. It has a 6.2-inch Full HD+ display with 19:9 aspect ratio, Snapdragon 636 with 6GB of RAM, Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ZUI 4.0, glass back and gradient design, similar to the Lenovo Z5 that was introduced in June. It has a Corning Gorilla glass protection on the front and the back.
It packs a 16-megapixel rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 1.25μm pixel size along with an 5-megapixel secondary rear camera to capture depth information in portrait shots with AI support and a 12-megapixel camera on the front with AI beautification and AI face unlock. It packs a 3000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
Moto P30 specifications
- 6.2-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 2.5 curved glass display with 19:9 aspect ratio with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 6GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ZUI 4.0
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 1.25μm pixel size, OmniVision OV16B sensor, 5MP secondary rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, OmniVision OV5675 sensor
- 12MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1.25μm pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby audio
- Dimensions: 155.8×75.95×7.69mm; Weight: 170g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery with fast charging
The Moto P30 comes in White, Black and Aurora Blue colors, is priced at 2099 yuan (US$ 303 / ₹ 21,315 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 128GB storage version costs 2499 yuan (US$ 361 / ₹ 25,380 approx.). The price of the phone is higher than the Lenovo Z5. Motorola is expected to introduce P30 Note and P30 Play soon.