Lenovo just announced the Z5, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the ‘Z series’ in China, as it had promised. It packs a 6.2-inch Full HD+ display with 19:9 aspect ratio and a notch and 90% screen-to-body ratio, even though the company teased it as a bezel-less smartphone. It is powered by Snapdragon 636 with 6GB of RAM, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ZUI 3.9 on top.
It features a 16-megapixel rear camera along with an 8-megapixel secondary rear camera to capture depth information in portrait shots with AI support. It has an 8-megapixel camera on the front with AI beautification and face unlock. It comes with a glass back with 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass protection, anti-fingerprint coating and 6 Series aluminum metal frame and a fingerprint sensor on the back. It packs a 3300mAh battery with support for 15W fast charging.
Lenovo Z5 specifications
- 6.2-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display with 500 nits brightness, DCI-P3 color gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass Protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ZUI 3.9, upgradable to ZUI 4.0 and Android P
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, secondary 8MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 153×75.65×7.85mm; Weight: 165g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3300mAh battery with fast charging
It Lenovo Z5 comes in Aurora Blue, Black and Indigo Blue colors, is priced at 1299 yuan (US$ 202 / Rs. 13,625 approx.) for the 64GB version in Black, 1399 yuan (US$ 218 / Rs. 14,670 approx.) for the Aurora and Indigo Blue versions with same storage and the 128GB storage version costs 1799 yuan (US$ 280 / Rs. 18,870 approx.). It will be available to order in China today and goes on sale from June 12th.