An OPPO smartphone surfaced on TENAA recently, which was believed to be R17, but it turned out to be the F9. Recently OPPO smartphone with model numbers PBEM00 and PBET00, which is said to be R17 with an in-display fingerprint sensor, and the PAGM00 and PAGT00 cheaper R17 models are said to feature rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. Now the complete specifications of the R17 and the successor of the R15 series has surfaced, which reveals that it will be powered by upcoming Snapdragon 670 SoC and there are also chances for the smartphone to feature Corning Gorilla Glass 6.
OPPO R17 rumored specifications
- 6.4-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with 91.5% screen-to-body ratio
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 670 10nm Mobile Platform
- 8GB RAM, 128GB internal memory
- Dual SIM
- ColorOS 5.2 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, secondary rear camera
- 25MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, AI, Sony IMX576 sensor, 3D Portrait
- In-display fingerprint sensor / rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with VOOC Flash charge fast charging
The OPPO R17 Pro is said to come with Snapdragon 710, 3D face unlock as well, in addition to in-display fingerprint scanner. The OPPO R17 series is expected to go official later this month. We should know more details soon.