Motorola has finally announced the Moto Z3, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in the Moto Z series with support for Moto Mods, as expected. It has a 6-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display, is powered by Snapdragon 835 SoC with 4GB of RAM, has 12-megapixel dual rear cameras with depth-sensing AI photo features, including Cinemagraphs and support for Google Lens.
It has Corning Gorilla Glass protection on the front and back and lightweight, aircraft-grade 6000 series aluminum frame. It has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, but it doesn’t have a home button the bottom. The phone supports Moto Display, Moto Actions and packs a 3000mAh battery with support for Turbo charging.
Motorola has also introduced 5G moto mod with built-in 2000mAh battery that will make the Z3 world’s first smartphone with access to Verizon’s 5G Network when it launches in select areas in 2019. Motorola said that it has partnered with Qualcomm to achieve this utilizing the flagship Snapdragon X50 modem and millimeter wave components. After the Z3, the Moto Z2 will get support for 5G.
Moto Z3 specifications
- 6-inch (1080 x 2160 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 12MP dual (monochrome + RGB) rear cameras with f/2.0 aperture, 1.25um pixel size, Laser Autofocus (pDAF), Color Correlated Temperature (CCT) dual LED flash, Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL)
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size, wide-angle 84° lens, screen flash
- Water repellent nano-coating
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Front port loud speaker, 4 far-field mic system, USB Type-C audio
- Dimensions:76.5 x 156.5 x 6.75 mm; Weight: 156g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with Turbocharging
The Moto Z3 comes in Ceramic Black color, is priced at $480 (₹ 32,940 approx.) in retail or on contract at $20 a month for 24 months exclusively through Verizon starting on August 16. The 5G moto mod will be available in the US exclusively in early 2019, but no details about its pricing.