Update – July 31: Xiaomi today announced that the Mi A2 will be launched in India exclusively on Amazon.in.
Xiaomi today introduced the Mi A2 smartphone as the successor of the Mi A1, at an event in Spain. The company at the event said that it will be coming to India. Now the Xiaomi India head and VP Manu Jain has confirmed that the smartphone will be launching in the country on August 8th.
— Mi India (@XiaomiIndia) July 24, 2018
Xiaomi Mi A2 specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with 1500:1 Contrast ratio
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 32GB / 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, 20MP secondary camera with Sony IMX376 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels soft LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 158.7×75.4×7.3mm; Weight: 168g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3010mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum) battery
The Mi A2 comes in Lake Blue, Gold and Black colors and starts at 249 Euros (US$ 291 / Rs. 20,065 approx.) in Europe, but it should be cheaper in India. We should know the price when it is launched in a couple of weeks.
Check out the hands on impressions of the smartphone here.