After rumors, Huawei has officially announced the Nova 3i, a cheaper version of the Nova 3 in China. It packs a 6.3-inch FHD+ 19:5:9 aspect ratio curved glass display with a notch, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.2 and a 24-megapixel front camera along with a 2-megapixel secondary camera, similar to the Nova 3, but this has a 16-megapixel rear camera AI scene recognition along with a 2-megapixel secondary rear camera for portrait shots. It is powered by new Kirin 710 Octa-Core 12nm SoC with support for GPU Turbo feature.
There is also 3D Qmoji, which is similar to Apple’s Animoji. It is has a fingerprint sensor on the glass back and packs a slightly smaller 3340mAh battery compared to the Nova 3.
Huawei Nova 3i specifications
- 6.3-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display, 85% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa-Core Kirin 710 12nm (4 x 2.2GHz Cortex-A73 +4 x 1.7GHz Cortex-A53) with ARM Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 128GB storage, 6GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, secondary 2MP rear camera
- 24MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, secondary 2MP camera
- Dimensions: 157.6×75.2×7.6mm; Weight: 169g
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO , Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS + GLONASS
- 3340mAh (typical) / 3240mAh (minimum) battery
The Huawei Nova 3i comes in Black, White and Blue colors, is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 297 / Rs. 20,400 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs 2199 yuan (US$ 327 / Rs. 22,440 approx.). It will be available for order in China from August 1st and will go on sale from August 8th.