Huawei Nova 3 smartphone went official yesterday, now the details about the Nova 3i, a cheaper version of the Nova 3 powered by new Kirin 710 with support for GPU Turbo feature has surfaced. It packs a 6.3-inch FHD+ 19:5:9 aspect ratio curved glass display with a notch, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.2 and a 24-megapixel front camera along with a 2-megapixel secondary camera, but this has a 16-megapixel rear camera AI scene recognition along with a 2-megapixel secondary rear camera for portrait shots.
There is also 3D Qmoji, which is similar to Apple’s Animoji. It is has a fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a slightly smaller 3340mAh battery.
Huawei Nova 3i rumored specifications
- 6.3-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display, 85% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa-Core Kirin 710 SoC
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, 6GB RAM with 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, secondary 2MP rear camera
- 24MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, secondary 2-megapixel camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO , Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3340mAh battery
The Huawei Nova 3i is expected to come in Blue, Black, Red, Yellow, White and Dark Blue colors and could go official on July 18th when the company announces the pricing of the Nova 3 and TalkBand B5. This could compete with the Xiaomi Mi 8 SE.