Sony at the MWC 2018 introduced the Xperia Ear Duo wireless headphones with noise-cancelling and Google Assistant and Siri integration. It went on pre-order in the U.S. back in February and went on sale lat month. Today the company has announced that the headphones have started rolling out through Xperia Store Online in select markets including UK, Ireland, France, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, Portugal, Greece, Hungary, Bulgaria and Belgium.
The dual listening experience combines music that you are listening to environmental sounds for the richer sound experience. It can send audio notifications about your calendar, news headlines, and other topics to the headset. The intelligent “Daily Assist” feature recognizes the time, location and activities to offer relevant information throughout the day.
The Sony’s in-house developed Spatial Acoustic Conductor, allows the sound generated behind the ear by the unit´s driver to be transmitted directly to the ear. It is powered by the Sony’s ultra-low power consuming CXD5602 chip and a sophisticated multi-sensor platform.
Highlights of Sony Xperia Ear Duo
- Truly wireless freedom to keep you in tune with the world
- Smart assistance with contextual alerts – personalized information is delivered based on your whereabouts or your current activity
- Dual listening – listen to your music and calls while seamlessly staying in touch with your natural surroundings
- Smart head gesture control for easy hands free interaction
- Up to 22 hours of battery life in standby – 4 hours battery life for active use
The Sony Xperia Ear Duo comes in black and gold colors and is priced at $279.99 (Rs. 18,940 approx.) in the U.S, £249 (US$ 333 / Rs. 22,550 approx.) in UK and €279 (US$ 327 / Rs. 22,150 approx.) in Europe.