Xiaomi S2 was certified by TENAA in China a few days back, now the phone has been spotted in Czech Republic in images and video. This confirms the specifications including 5.99-inch HD+ display, dual rear cameras with a 12-megapixel primary sensor and a secondary 5-megapixel sensor.
It runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) based on MIUI 9 and has a 16-megapixel front camera with flash.
There is a fingerprint sensor on the back.
Xiaomi Redmi S2 rumored specifications
- 5.99-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with 650MHz Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX486 / OmniVision OV12A10 sensor, PDAF, EIS, secondary 5MP camera with Samsung S5K5E8 sensor
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 160.73 × 77.26 × 8.1mm; Weight: 170g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3080mAh (typical) / 3000mAh (minimum) battery
The Xiaomi Redmi S2 is expected to come in Black, Rose Gold, Gold, White, Blue, Red, Pink, Gray and Silver and is expected to official soon.