Samsung launched the Galaxy J7 Prime (SM-G610F) smartphone back in 2016. Now the company listed the Galaxy J7 Prime 2 (SM-G611F). It has a 5.5-inch 1080p screen with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection and is powered by a 1.6GHz Octa-Core processor, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a fingerprint sensor on the front, but this comes with a 13-megapixel front camera, runs Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) and has 32GB of storage compared to 16GB in the predecessor.
It also has Samsung Mall app app that offers Visual search just by clicking an image of the product using machine learning. This was first introduced with the Galaxy On7 Prime earlier this year. It also has Samsung Pay Mini that lets you transfer money using wallets just by scanning the code or sending it using mobile number and send to bank account using UPI (Unified Payment Interface).
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD TFT display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.6GHz Octa-Core Exynos 7870 processor
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions:151.7 x 75.0 x 8.0mm; Weight: 170g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3300mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2 comes in Black and Gold colors, is priced at Rs. 13,990 and should go on sale through Samsung Shop online as well as offline retailers soon.