Xiaomi just launched the Redmi 5 smartphone in India, as expected. It was introduced back in December last year and packs a 5.7-inch HD+ 18:9 full-screen display and is powered by Snapdragon 450 with up to 4GB RAM. It runs Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9, has a 12-megapixel rear camera with 1.25μm pixel size sensor and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with selfie flash, similar to the Redmi Note 5.
It has a metal finish, similar to the Redmi Note 5, is just 7.7mm thick, making it 11% slimmer than the Redmi 4. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a 3300mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits Brightness, 72% NTSC Color Gamut, 1000: 1 Contrast Ratio
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 151.8 × 72.8 × 7.7mm; Weight: 157g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3300mAh (typical) / 3200mAh (minimum) battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 comes in Black, Gold, Rose Gold and Lake Blue colors, is priced at Rs. 7999 for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version costs Rs. 8,999 and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 10,999. Xiaomi is also bundling a clear case in the box. It will be available exclusively from Amazon.in, Mi.com and Mi Home Stores starting March 20th.
- Rs. 2200 cashback offer and 100GB additional 4G data for Reliance Jio customers
- 5% cashback with SBI Credit Cards on Amazon and Mi.com
- 90% (up to Rs. 400) discount on Kindle eBook