Xiaomi introduced 43-inch and 49-inch 1080p, 55-inch and 65-inch 4K HDR TVs and the cheapest 32-inch smart TV in the Mi TV 4A series last year. In January it introduced a new 50-inch 4K HDR TV in the 4A. Today it has announced a new 40-inch Full HD TV in the series in China, ahead of the launch the Mi TV 4A series in India next week.
It has the same PatchWall, a UI layer on top of the Android OS that’s based on deep learning AI technology. It can curate content based on recommendations. It has Dolby and DTS Audio and also comes with multi purpose Mi Remote Control, which also has infrared in addition to Bluetooth to work with most appliances such as setup box. It also has Speech Recognition for voice control.
Xiaomi Mi TV 4A 40-inch specifications
- 40-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display with 178-degree viewing angle, 8ms dynamic response, 5000: 1 contrast ratio
- 1.5GHz quad-core Amlogic L962-H8X Cortex-A53 processor with 750MHz Mali-450 MP3 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory
- MIUI TV based on Android with PatchWall
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, 2 x HDMI, AV, 2 x USB, Ethernet
- Supports H.263, H.264, H.265, MPEG1 / 2/4
- 2 x 8W speaker, DOLBY AUDIO / DTS- HD audio dual decoding
The Xiaomi Mi TV 4A 40-inch is priced at 1699 Yuan (US$ 267 / Rs. 17,450 approx.), will be available for pre-booking from today, March 3rd to 5th and goes on sale in China from March 6th. Those who pre-book the TV will get a 100 Yuan discount, so the TV will cost just 1599 Yuan (US$ 251 / Rs. 16,420 approx.).