Xiaomi introduced 43-inch and 49-inch 1080p, 55-inch, 65-inch 4K HDR TVs and the cheapest 32-inch smart TV in the Mi TV 4A series last year. Now it has introduced a new 50-inch 4K HDR TV in the series. It has PatchWall, a UI layer on top of the Android OS that’s based on deep learning AI technology. It can curate content based on recommendations. It also have Dolby and DTS Audio.
It also comes with multi purpose Mi Remote Control, which also has infrared in addition to Bluetooth to work with most appliances such as setup box. It has Mi Touch that replaces traditional navigation buttons so you can use gestures to control your TV. It also has Speech Recognition for voice control.
Xiaomi Mi TV 4A 50-inch specifications
- 50-inch (3840 x 2160 pixels) 4K display with 178-degree viewing angle, 8ms dynamic response, 5000: 1 contrast ratio
- 1.5GHz quad-core Amlogic L962 Cortex-A53 processor with 750MHz Mali-450 MP3 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 8GB internal memory
- MIUI TV based on Android
- WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, 3 x HDMI, AV, 2 x USB, Ethernet
- Supports HDR 10 and HLG,H.263, H.264, H.265, MPEG1 / 2/4
- 2 x 8W speaker, DOLBY AUDIO / DTS- HD audio dual decoding
The Xiaomi Mi TV 4A 50-inch is priced at 2399 Yuan (US$ 372 / Rs. 23,830 approx.), is available for pre-booking and goes on sale in China from January 19th.