Sony just announced the Xperia XZ2 Compact , the company’s latest compact series smartphones MWC 2018 in Barcelona along with the XZ. It has a 5-inch Full HD+ 18:9 HDR screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, is powered by an Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform and runs Android 8.0 (Oreo). It has a anti-scratch polycarbonate body compared to glass body on the XZ2 . It also has front facing stereo speakers with S-Force Front Surround.
It comes with a 19-megapixel Motion Eye camera with 1/ 2.3″ Exmor RS memory stacked sensor, 960 fps super slow motion videos (FHD/HD), Predictive Capture, Anti-distortion shutter, Triple image sensing technology and 5-axis image stabilization for shake-free videos. It also has 4K HDR Movie recording and high ISO sensitivity of 51200 for photos and ISO 12800 for video.
It has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera, has IP65/68 ratings for dust and water resistance and packs a 2870mAh battery with support for fast charging, but it doesn’t have wireless charging like the XZ2.
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact specifications
- 5-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) 18:9 Triluminos HDR Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 400GB via microSD card
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Single / Dual SIM
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 19MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive capture, 5-axis stabilization, 4K video recording, 960fps slow-motion video
- 5MP front-facing camera with 1/ 5″ Exmor RS sensor, 23mm super wide-angle, f/2.2 aperture
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speaker with S-Force Front Surround, DSEE HX, LDAC
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 135 x 65x 12.1mm; Weight: 168g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 2870mAh Battery with Qnovo Adaptive Charging technology, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact comes in Black, White Silver, Moss Green and Coral Pink colors and will roll out globally starting from March 2018. No world on the pricing yet.