Last week first renders of the upcoming Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus smartphones surfaced online. Now new renders of the smartphones have surfaced showing the back with rear camera with fingerprint sensor below them along with branding, thanks to dBrand who has already started taking pre-orders for the skins for the phones.
The Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ components surfaced soon after the renders showing the fingerprint sensor below the rear camera, and the flash and heart rate sensor next to the camera. These new renders coincide with the leak.
Finally, here are the rear component layouts: pic.twitter.com/r8GYVbzt44— Evan Blass (@evleaks) January 26, 2018
Recently leaked retail box revealed key camera specifics including a super-speed Dual-Pixel 12-megapixel camera with OIS, an F1.5/2.4 variable aperture for the S9, but the S9+ is said to feature dual 12MP rear camera with fixed aperture.
Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ rumored specifications
- S9 – 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 570ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- S9+ – 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 529ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 with Adreno 630 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810 processor with Mali G72MP18 GPU
- S9 – 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory with microSD
- S9+ – 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- S9 – 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, 480fps super slo-mo
- S9+ – 12MP + 12MP dual rear cameras with LED Flash, 480fps super slo-mo
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with wide-angle lens
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers, Ultra High Quality Audio Playback – PCM: Up to 32 bits; DSD: DSD64/128
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- S9 – 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
- S9+ – 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2018 event will take place at 6PM CET (10:30 PM IST) in Barcelona on February 25, 2018. The phones are expected to go on sale on March 16. We should know more details in the coming days.