HMD Global introduced its Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 Android smartphones in India back in June, and the Nokia 5 went on sale in the country in August, now it has launched the 3GB RAM version of the phone in India. Apart from the RAM, other specifications are similar to the original Nokia 5, including a 5.2-inch HD screen, Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 Mobile Platform, Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo), 13-megapixel rear camera, 8-megapixel front camera and a 3000mAh battery.
Nokia 5 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass display, 500 nits brightness
- 1.4 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB / 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) OS
- Dual SIM
- 13MP autofocus rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- 8MP autofocus front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size, 84-degree wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 149.7 x 72.5 x 8.05 mm
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
The Nokia 5 3GB RAM version comes in Matte Black and Tempered Blue colors at a price of Rs. 13,499 (MOP) and will be available exclusively from Flipkart online starting today midnight and will also be available from select retail outlets in the country from November 14th.
Commenting on the launch, Ajey Mehta, Vice President India, HMD Global, said:
Nokia 5 has already forged a reputation for being a beautifully crafted phone which punches well above its weigh. Now we have added more memory so fans can get enhanced performance in the same precision engineered design.
Commenting on the exclusive partnership, Ajay Yadav, Vice President – Smartphones at Flipkart, said:
We are delighted to partner with HMD Global for the new launch of the Nokia 5 exclusively on Flipkart. We believe that this device which is a package that perfectly balances high performance, premium design and competitive pricing, will drive a huge audience across the country coupled with Flipkart’s wide reach, reinforcing our online market leadership in smartphones.