Sony Mobile just launched Xperia R1 and Xperia R1 Plus, two new mid-range smartphones exclusively in India. Both these come with a 5.2-inch HD 2.5D curved glass screen, are powered by Snapdragon 430 Octa-Core SoC, run Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo), come with a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, Exmor and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
These have dedicated dual nano SIM slots along with a microSD expansion slot and pack a 2620mAh battery.
Sony Xperia R1 and Xperia R1 Plus specifications
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB (UFS) storage (R1), 3GB RAM with 32GB (UFS) storage (R1 Plus), expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Exmor Sensor, Predictive Hybrid Autofocus
- 8MP front-facing camera with Predictive Hybrid Autofocus
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio
- Dimensions: 146×73.2×8.89mm; Weight: 154g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS , USB Type-C
- 2620mAh built-in battery
The Sony Xperia R1 with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage and Sony Xperia R1 Plus with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage come in Black and Silver colors, are priced at Rs. 12,990 and Rs. 14,990, respectively and will be available across India from November 10th.