Huawei’s Honor Brand has launched Honor 9i, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in India. It was introduced as Maimang 6 in China and as Nova 2i in Malaysia. It has a 5.9-inch Full HD+ 18:9 Full screen 2.5D curved glass display with minimal bezels, 16-megapixel rear camera with a 2-megapixel secondary camera to capture depth information and a 13-megapixel front camera with a secondary 2-megapixel camera.
It has a unibody metal design, has a fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a 3340mAh battery.
Honor 9i specifications
- 5.9-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 659 processor (4 xA53 at 2.36GHz + 4 x A53 at 1.7GHz) with MaliT830-MP2 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, secondary 2MP camera
- 13MP front-facing camera with soft LED flash, secondary 2MP camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.2 × 75.2 × 7.5mm; Weight: 164g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLONASS
- 3340mAh battery (typical) / 3240mAh (minimum) battery
The Honor 9i comes in Aurora Blue, Graphite Black and Prestige Gold colors, is priced at Rs. 17,999 and will be available exclusively on Flipkart starting from October 14th.
Commenting on the launch, P Sanjeev, Vice President Sales, Huawei India-Consumer Business Group, said:
Honor is Huawei’s global e-brand. In India, Honor pioneered dual camera phones over the last 3 years. Our team has spent extensive time studying what consumers in this segment prefer and we have worked to raise the bar each and every time, creating industry’s new bench marks. Today with the launch of Honor 9i, we have ushered in 4-camera technology which is widely acclaimed for its excellent selfies and low light photography capabilities. We view Honor 9i as a never-before opportunity for consumers who wish to experience an outstanding product.
With inputs from Sunil