Samsung has teamed up with Microsoft to unveil the Windows Mixed Reality Headset dubbed as Samsung HMD Odyssey, as expected. The headset was announced at the Windows Mixed Reality headset event in San Francisco. The Samsung HMD Odyssey joins other mixed-reality headsets from partners like Dell, HP, Lenovo, and Acer.
The device comes with full support for Microsoft’s Mixed Reality Platform. It sports dual 3.5-inch AMOLED displays with 110-degree field of view. Samsung has partnered with the Austrian headphone and microphone manufacturer AKG to offer built-in headphones. It offers 360° Spatial Sound.
Samsung Windows Mixed Reality Headset Odyssey key specifications
- 3.5-inch dual AMOLED display 1,440 x 1,600 @90/60Hz
- Interface: HDMI2.0 + USB 3.0 Interface Bound Cable (4m Length)
- Lens: Single Fresnel
- Field of View: Φ66, FOV 110º, 6.7X
- IPD: 60-72mm Range
- Camera: 6 DOF Camera x 2
- Sensor: Accelerometer(6 Axis), Gyrometer(6 Axis), Compass(3 Axis), Proximity Sensor, IPD Sensor
- Acoustics: 2 MIC Support, Cortana, Built-in AKG Headphone
- Control & Function: Volume, IPD Adjustment
- Dimension: 202mm(W) x 131.5mm(D) x 111mm(H)
- Weight: 645g
The Samsung HMD Odyssey is priced at $499 and will start shipping in November.