MediaTek at the India Mobile Congress 2017 in Delhi announced the MT6739, the company’s latest SoC targeted at entry-level and mid-range 4G smartphones. This is an upgrade to the MT6735 that was introduced back in 2014 and last year’s MT6737 that are being used in hundred of latest smartphones.
This has the same 64-bit quad core, ARM Cortex-A53 CPU, but it is clocked at 1.5GHz per core and uses IMG PowerVR GE8100 GPU with support for up to 1440 x 720 pixels HD+ 18:9 displays and dual VoLTE and Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) with either 4G+4G (L+L) or 4G+3G (L+W).
Highlights of MediaTek MT6739 SoC
- 1.5 GHz ARM quad-core Cortex-A53 64-bit CPUs
- 570MHz IMG PowerVR GE8100 GPU
- Up to 3GB LPDDR3 (667MHz) RAM, eMMC 5.1 storage
- 1080p, 30fps video playback, H.265 and legacy H.264
- 1080p, 30fps H.264 video recording
- 13MP camera image signal processor with Faster NR, AF, Luma/Chroma Noise Reduction, Native dual camera function
- Display support up to HD+ 1440×720 resolution
- WorldMode LTE FDD/TDD Cat-4 (DL) / Cat-5 (UL) modem with integrated RF to support C2K SRLTE, VoLTE and Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) with either 4G+4G (L+L) or 4G+3G (L+W)
- Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000 1x/EVDO Rev. A (SRLTE), EDGE, FDD / TDD LTE, GSM, TD-SCDMA, WDCDMA
- Cat-4 DL (up to 150 Mbps) / Cat-5 UL (up to 50 Mbps)
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS+Glonass, GPS+Beidou, FM Radio
MediaTek also introduced Helio P23 Octa-Core 16nm SoC with Dual VoLTE for the Indian market. Both the MediaTek MT6739 and Helio P23-enabled devices will be available in India and the global market by end of this year.