Sony just announced the Xperia XZ1, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at the IFA 2017 in Berlin. It has a 5.2-inch 1080p HDR screen, is powered by an Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform and is the first phone to be announced with Android 8.0 (Oreo). It comes with a 19-megapixel Motion Eye camera with 1/ 2.3″ Exmor RS memory stacked sensor, 960 fps super slow motion videos, Predictive Capture, Anti-distortion shutter, Triple image sensing technology and 5-axis image stabilization for shake-free videos, similar to the XZs.
It has a 13-megapixel front-facing camera and also has a dedicated camera shutter button. It has IP65/68 ratings for dust and water resistance.
Sony Xperia XZ1 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) HDR TRILUMINOS Display with X-Reality and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD card
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Single / Dual SIM
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 19MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive capture, 5-axis stabilization, 4K video recording, 960fps slow-motion video
- 13MP front-facing camera with 1/3″ Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens, 1080p video recording
- DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156 x 77 x 7.9 mm; Weight: 155g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 2700mAh battery with Qnovo Adaptive Charging
The Sony Xperia XZ1 comes in Moonlit Blue, Venus Pink, Warm Silver, and Black colors and will roll out globally starting from September 2017.